Spelt grain is the ultimate food for energy. I discovered it while researching the Blood Type Diet as a means to help my husband eliminate frequent migraine headaches and to help me feel more energy and less fatigue.
In brief, Spelt is easily digested by all of the four blood types (O, A, B and AB). My husband is a Type O (carnivore) and I am a type A (vegetarian.) It wasn’t easy finding something we could both enjoy. For example, another highly beneficial grain is amaranth which he detests and can sniff out no matter how minute a serving I try to include!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe. I purchase the flour in 25lb bags from Purity Foods. This is also an economical addition to your diet. Get ready to enjoy many, many loaves and lots of waffles, cakes and cookies too!
Spelt Bread Recipe — Makes 2 Loaves
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
3 Tablespoons Soy Powder
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Turbino sugar
2 Tablespoons of Raw Honey
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups Spelt Flour
Spelt Bread Making Instructions:
1. Pour the water, honey and oil into the bread machine.
2. Mix the spelt flour, soy powder, turbino sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour flour mix into the bread machine on top of the liquids.
4. Make a “well” in the flour and pour the yeast into that well.
5. Turn ON the bread machine and run it through the “dough” cycle. (Do NOT let it cook all the way.)
6. Once the dough cycle is finished, pour the dough onto a floured table top and kneed into shape.
7. Butter or oil the bread pan and then put the shaped dough into it. Place in a warm spot.
8. Allow to rise for two hours.
9. Back for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Enjoy and share with someone you love!
Stressed by your super woman no-time-for-friends-or-fun-or-homemade-bread-loaves- lifestyle? You’re not alone. A recent Gallup Poll shows that individuals with the least amount of social time perform the poorest on the Happiness-Stress Index while experiencing the highest levels of intense stress and worry. Learn how to wrap your super woman cape around your stress, anxiety and fatigue and cast them out of your life forever in the Fatigue Be Gone Jumpstart e-Guide. Available at www.FatigueBeGone.com