* 20% of Americans claim to have fatigue intense enough to interfere with their having a normal life.
* 80% of American women will suffer from Adrenal Fatigue at some point in their lives. Who? Most susceptible are new moms, students, shift workers and women in transition (job loss or gain, moving and relocating, marriage, divorce.) Change for the better or worse is a major trigger.
* More than half of American women (60%) say they only get a good night’s sleep a few nights per week or less, and 67% say they frequently experience a sleep problem.
• Women who spend less than 7 hours in bed at night are more likely to doze off during the day, report symptoms of depression and drive drowsy.
If constant fatigue is sucking the joy out of your life, don’t just take it – do something! One recommendation is to read by – Dr. Perlmutter. His work is outstanding and was so shocking to me that change was easy! I am now gluten-free, 15 lbs lighter and having a couple migraines a month vs. every week. Oh and I have a TON more energy too. Your turn.
“I’ve watched this single dietary shift (total elimination of gluten) lift depression, relieve chronic fatigue, reverse type 2 diabetes, extinguish obsessive-compulsive behavior, and cure many neurological challenges, from brain fog to bipolar disorder.” – Dr. Perlmutter, Grain Brain
Hallelujah Hummus Plus
This is one of my favorite snacks and it is soooo FAST and easy to make with the “Magic Bullet.” This recipe is one of many with the ‘bullet” and can be made in a couple of minutes – max.
Step 1. Load the following into your bullet (or blender)
¼ cup Chicken (or vegetable) Stock
14 oz can Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
3 cloves Garlic
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
3 Tbs. Tahihi (sesame paste)
Step 2. Add these energy-boosters
½ tsp Kelp Powder
½ tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Step 3. Blend!
Psst. You can check out the Magic Bullet in our Amazon store. Just click here and look in the “Kitchen Equipment” List.
Scoop your hummus into a pretty bowl, drizzle olive oil on top and serve with a side of veggies and gluten-free crackers.
Another fun way to present it is to make little cucumber sandwiches or lettuce roll ups. You can pack these “to go” in lunches. I also like to use fun, colorful toothpicks or paper umbrellas to jazz it up for snacks with friends.
For more energy boosting recipes, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks, click here
The squeaky wheel starts being greased today. You kept asking for a fast and easy way to shop for energy boosting essentials. Here is a start to whet your appetite.
You can visit our new Amazon e-Store by clicking here:
We begin with three “categories”. Look in the right hand side bar and you’ll see:
* Gluten-Free Essentials (Start adding into your diet ASAP. Read all about it too.)
* Essential Kitchen Tools (Keep food prep time low & nutrition HIGH.)
* Energy Food, Drinks & Condiments (Must haves that can be difficult to track down in local and specialty grocery stores.)
Next week we’ll add two more categories: “Snack Bar” and “Breakfast Bar”.
Please feel free to post any questions, comments or recommendations you may have. I look forward to making 2014 our year to blast fatigue, brain fog and belly fat. They do go together, don’t they?
If you haven’t already signed up for our weekly “Easy-Does-It-Energizing-Tips”, please click here: http://www.fatiguebegone.com/newsletter.htm